Continuing the Re-writing of History

Public forum for topics that don't fit other categories.
Hypatia
Reactions:

Post by Hypatia »

Florida governor Ron DeSantis and whoever of his helpers have come up with yet another way to re-write the history of slaves in America in an attempt for white folk to avoid feelings of guilt and I find it particularly more disgusting than many attempts I've seen.
As part of an ongoing attempt to correct the long-term drift toward inappropriate accuracy in the teaching of US history, Governor Ron DeSantis has ordered that American slaves in the pre-Civil War era be referred to as “unpaid interns.” The Florida Department of Education has installed cameras in classrooms to ensure teachers follow the new regulations.
Right, because the truth is definitely seen by some as being inappropriate accuracy. :whyyou:
Slavery wasn’t that bad. They were given a roof over their heads as well as food. That’s better than what we give today’s unpaid interns.
Florida Secretary of Education Andrew Canard
Roofs over their heads, sometimes, food, sometimes, rapes, selling of, de-humanized, always.
State officials believe using the term slavery is “divisive” and “unpatriotic.” Many Republicans claim that unpaid interns is far more respectful to the Black people who were kidnapped from Africa, stripped of their human rights, and treated as property.
https://onlysky.media/ahall/florida-sch ... EOZsemEgDE

I think my head may explode.
"Hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue". ~ François, duc de La Rochefoucauld (1765–1848)
DW Adams
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by DW Adams »

DeSantis is Christian Nationalist Trump 2.0.

Or he's paying lip service to the christofascists, either way.
History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.” ~ Thomas Jefferson